Thursday, October 1, 2009

Groutsing Around

Such a fleeting thing, history. If you write on a wall, is that history? Yes, if you wrote on the wall just before it collapsed to be dug up a millennia or so hence. No, if you write on a wall and janitors perform their time-honored task of removing graffiti while clucking about the destructiveness of modern day youth.

So it is with a ladies' room in the basement of Bunche Hall at UCLA. With painstaking care, vandal femmes in pursuit of an education have written in the one-eighth inch wide grout between tiles, exercising their creativity while sitting on the john.

Some phrases were quite elaborate, but I confined myself to the easily captured...and also my posture when aiming my camera. There are some things I won't lean into, not even for my blog.

1 comment: