Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day--Back in Business

This olde Valentine comes from the California Historical Society newsletter, with an apology.

No, a thousand apologies! and a note to Jose, who posted a comment that reminded me how I've been neglecting this blog for the past two weeks.

I will do better!  I've already got a site for Mosaic Monday next week in Cerritos.

The truth is, I'm on the last leg of my next book, a treasury of Baby Boomer trivia. I'm trying to pull everything together.

Everything in this case means:

  • Finishing the book (making progress)

  • A new website & blog (done)

  • Aggregating my blogs at one site (not done)

  • Finding pictures (help! Anyone have pictures of themselves in a coonskin hat, standing in front of an aluminum Christmas tree with their new Schwinn bicycle? Or something like that?)

  • Securing permission for pictures (slowly making progress) (I think)

  • Learning Pinterest (not yet)

  • Learning to use Twitter to find readers (I've taken the first step)

  • Not neglecting the first book, a novel called Death Speaker (scroll down to the right). Which, I can't resist adding, recently "sold" 1,115 copies during two free days on the Kindle Select Program. Yay!

Back in the old days . . . and I'm talking really old, like Charles Dickens old days . . . authors didn't have to worry about this. They could just shut themselves up in a garret and write. In longhand. And starve.

Given how much I like food, especially good food that I didn't have to cook, it's probably best that I was born in the 20th century.

No comments: