- 31st Annual Simon Rodia Watts Tower Jazz Festival, at the Watts Towers Art Center. Call 213-847-4646 for info. 10-6 pm, at 1727 E. 107th Street.
- Textile, Costume and Clothing Show. Antique fabrics, jewelry, vintage clothes, quilts! At the Pickwick Gardens, 1001 Riverside Drive, Burbank. No website; phone 310-4445-2886 for info. 9-3 pm. Costs $5 with ad from L.A. Times' Home section.
- Japanese Gardens Tour, sponsored by the LA Conservancy. A drive-yourself tour of several sites, most notably the Storrier-Stearns Garden in Pasadena. Call 213-623-2489 for info. 10-4 pm. Costs $30.
- Grand Avenue Festival, the 4th Annual Street Fair. No phone, but great website. Grand between Temple and 5th Street. This actually runs all weekend, and on Sunday it's open 11-5 pm. Free.
- Swerve Festival at Barnsdall Art Park, 4800 Hollywood Blvd. and other locations--see their schedule. From 12-6ish. Some events free, others not.
- West Hollywood Book Fair at West Hollywood Park. 323-848-6515 for info. Starts at 10 am, free.
- Abbott Kinney Street Festival, around Abbot Kinney and Venice Blvd. 10-6 pm, free.
- Last day of the L.A. County Fair, with Earth, Wind and Fire performing!
- Knott's Halloween Haunt starting! OK, it's not LA but go anyway. 714-220-5000.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Last Sunday in September
An embarrassment of riches is offered to Angelenos with a love of history or place this weekend. Apart from the Huntington Garden's free display of area archives on Saturday (starting at 10:30), there are these things to do on Sunday, the 30th: