Monday, June 11, 2012

Mosaic Monday I: Mirror Man

I'll post twice today,since I was absent last week.

First is Mirror Man at Griffith Park Observatory. Yes, it's from 2010. But still amazing, and very much a mosaic.

Who knew the media could become performance art?(Actually, I think a History Channel program on the Byzantine Empire explored that a few years ago, animating and morphing the famous mosaics of Theodora and Justinian with actors. But I digress.)

These pictures were taken by Ryan Roush, aka SiLver sKY, and more--many more, some quite wonderful--can be seen at his Flicker page. I hope he doesn't mind that I used one to illustrate this post. Please go see the rest of them!

Or you can go to this article on Mosaic Art Now, which reproduces the best pictures. The pictures were also blogged about on LATaco and other sites a couple of years ago.

Mirror Man is actually artist Gustav Troger.  He traveled all over as Mirror Man, and his website shows photos of him on Grand Ave in LA, at City Hall (a second website), as well as at the Great Salt Lake.

2 comments:

Nancie Mills Pipgras said...

Gotta love The Mirror Man! Thanks for the link back - Nancie

Nancie Mills Pipgras said...

Hey Vix! Thanks for the MAN mention and link back. The Mosaic Mirror Man is pretty amazing. He's been a world traveler and the photos on his site are great fun.