Starting Monday, April 7, the Los Angeles Times will present an online tour of the winners of the Los Angeles Conservancy's Preservation Awards for 2008. The awards are given for historic preservation and restoration, and there'll be a big ceremony on May 8th.
The 9 winners, announced in late March, include:
- Eastern Columbia Lofts, which originally opened in 1930
- Claremont Packing House
- Frank Lloyd Wright's 1924 Ennis House
- "History of Transportaion" mural in Inglewood
- Maltman Bungalows in Silver Lake
- The Young and the Restless (Seriously. The show featured a story line on preservation.)
The LAObserved blog reprinted the press release that names all awardees. The following pictures of the Eastern Columbia Lofts, Claremont Packing House and Maltman Bungalows, are all from the respective websites.